It's been a while

TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
12/13/2008 5:29 pm
I haven't been here for so long that I'm amazed this account is still here and I remembered my password...Seriously I think I was still a teenager when I last visited! Loads has changed although Kevin Taylor is still here, if I remember rightly you used to be Schmange on here and you once made a song called 'Going Home.' Few others I remember: PonyOne the left handed guy who I seem to remember liked SG's; there was one guy from France who was quite a good shredder and another guy called Incidents Happen who was the Greatful Dead's biggest fan. If any of you guys are still around and reading this don't be too surprised by my memory I drive my own family nuts with random memories I've got for no apparent reason.

Okay a bit about me. I'm 25, I've been playing since I was 14. I own a Fender Strat, a Crafter acoustic and an Epiphone Dot which I bought last week as I've wanted a semi-acoustic for ages. I'm also a classical pianist and I've done music theory since I was 7 although in recent years I've done no academic study and just played what I felt like. My taste varies, I like metal but I also like jazz. I like shredders and chord encyclopedias but I also like bands who keep it simple and make a living off 5 chords. Bands/people I particularly like at the moment: Rush, Zeppelin, Eric Johnson, Eric Clapton, Soundgarden, Dream Theater, Steve Vai, The Vines, Greenday, The Moody Blues, Mike Oldfield, Shawn Lane, Oasis.

I guess that'll do for now, I'll try and drop in a bit more often and find out what's changed. I'm trying to learn new modes at the moment and what chords I can use them over as I'm bored of what I already know. Anyone who's good with Dorian mode give me a shout.
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 1
affiliate
Full Access
affiliate
Full Access
05/08/2009 6:59 am
Schmange got fired from Guitar Tricks and you can only find his lessons by searching for them now. His name's been removed from the search feature so you have to go looking for them.

Too bad... his lessons were the only reasons some of us signed on here.
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/08/2009 1:27 pm
No worries.
Schmange = Kevin Taylor.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.