View post (November Backing Track Preview.)

View thread

Superhuman
Superhuman
11/12/2008 2:54 pm
Started playing over this last night for the first time, great BT although the drum section left me at a bit of a loss which is great because it's a challenge.

Equator, I had one listen through to your first take - sounds good but there may be an intonation problem on your guitar... some notes sound ever so slightly sharp, maybe it's just me (I've noticed this before on your takes off the higher sustained notes).

I've been listening to you improving as a player over the past year or two and there is probably two last things that you could work on re the technical end of things. I would practice vibratto and introducing it at varying degrees to every sustained note - try it slower and wider (it will also help reduce any intonation issues). The only other suggestion is to practice sliding into and out of notes, this really adds a pro sound.
You've got some really cool ideas in pretty much all of your takes, I reckon just adding those two techniques would make a HUGE difference to your playing.

Hope you don't mind the constructive crits, I just think you would move up a few levels over night if you focussed on incorporating more vibrato and advanced slides - the music is all good and so is every other aspect of the playing!

I can post/email you an example of what I mean if you are interested (I really loved the opening phrases in your October take and recorded a version of the same which I was planning on sending you anyway with some tips).