Whats the best wah pedal?

el metallico
el metallico
12/07/2001 1:30 am
ok i have a Morley Pro Wah or whatever (the cheapest one, but 40 bucks of ebay whos cryin?) and well this wah only gets the deep wah i want when its all the way on the bridge pickup (on a fender strat).. i was wondering if there is a pedal that i can get really out there and deep wah... i was thinking about the crybaby but ive heard some problems from that other guy allready!! thanks
# 1
crazyguy
crazyguy
12/07/2001 4:32 pm
My personal favorite is the original Crybaby. I've tried some Morleys and in my humble oppinion they suck! Do try the Morley Bad Horsie (Vai's model), optical control and no switch, but it cannot be left in one position to be used as a filter. Vox wah is good but not aggressive enough for me. Boss wah doesn't move enough and the switch is to sensitive. Upgraded Crybabies ( 95Q, 535Q...) are the most versatile I've tried, and they (as well as other Crybabies) are really heavy, so it won't get accidentally pulled around. Try all you can as there are many variations and given enough time, you'll find the one that's just right.
Impendance is fruitfull
while the buttons are circled.:eek:
# 2
jonfrinkle
jonfrinkle
12/07/2001 5:38 pm
In my opinion, the Crybaby Q-dial is the best wah that i've played with. The vox is ok but seems to bring in a tinty osund to it. The thing i like about the q-dial is that not only does it have the dial but you can mess around with the knobs on the bottom as well. One controls the bass and the other controls the treble. It's great if you play with a variety of sounds.
# 3
Bardsley
Bardsley
12/11/2001 11:03 am
I've heard good things from the fulltone clyde wah, very nice tone selections that make it very versatile.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 4
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
12/13/2001 4:19 pm
In my opinion I would use the Vox V-847. They have this in a reissue form but you have to change the wiring to match the vintage (true bypass). Once you've done that you can't tell the difference between it and the 60's model. Killer pedal.
Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.