CryBaby sounds great, but . . .

yafreax
yafreax
12/07/2001 12:40 am
I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO CONTROL THE BOOST!!!! When i switch on the wah, my volume gets boosted like crazy!! piercing even. . . i have turned the bottom boost knobs to both extremes and the peak boost is still there, it just seems to change the bottom boost. . . anyone know what i'm talking about and how to adjust it or atleast have some more control over it. . . i got it used with no book.

thanks guys.

the freak
# 1
crazyguy
crazyguy
12/07/2001 4:46 pm
A simple solution would be turning the guitar volume down a bit, that's what I do for funky rythm playing. Is it the original Crybaby or a variation with knobs & switches? Some have a little red button which switches the signal boost. Actually, from the description, it might even be malfunctioning in some way. I don't think that's the normal behavior, at least mine boosts less. Have it checked.
Impendance is fruitfull
while the buttons are circled.:eek:
# 2
yafreax
yafreax
12/07/2001 6:10 pm
i believe its the original, the only knobs are on the bottom "boost" and something else that i can't remember off hand. . . and one on the side "tone" basically. I think it's probably alright, cause the guy i borrowed / took it from never said anything about it giving him problems. . . of course, he also when asked, has no clue how i should fix it. . . i was just throwing this out there to see if anyone new anything. I'm gonna keep playing with it, and i'll probably work it out.

thanks for your input though.

jeremy
# 3
booneydog01
booneydog01
12/12/2001 12:15 am
If your wah has the big knob on it's side (called Q dial) then it's either the 95Q or the 535Q. The 95Q has a distortion boost from 0 to +26dB and uses only one 9v battery. The 535Q has a distortion boost of 0 to +15dB boost and another knob I can't remember. Because of these two controls the 535 uses two 9v batteries. I have a friend who owns a 535 and he was having the same problem. He figured it out and told me that the pedals over do themselves with new batteries. He also said that lowering the distortion boost got him the sound he wanted.It sounds like you own a 535. The pedal comes with a piece of paper that shows you how to adjust the wah to certain players like Jimmy Hendrix, Van Halen, etc...You should ask the guy you got it from for it. Though my friend was aiming for a Satriani effect lowering the distortion might not be what your looking for. Just remember new batteries give it a whole lotta juice.
# 4
guitarking
guitarking
12/17/2001 7:45 pm
from what you are saying i think the pedal is not functioning the way it was designed actually crybaby is superior to other pedals because of its mixing qulaity with the other pedal with minimal boost as you cant be expected to control your guitar vol when you are turning on the wah
in any case try the bad horsie its really good in this aspect
# 5
burnfire9
burnfire9
12/20/2001 9:20 pm
Instead of using batteries why not use a adapter. For home use of course, I mean you can't take a adapter to a gig. Yeah, I like the wah it's a cool effect. I don't have one, but I have used one.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.