The Whole World is buying...

Joseph
Joseph
11/29/2001 4:00 am
Hey guys, are there any particular records that you bought recently that have inspired you in more ways than one? Or are there certain albums that you're looking forward to in the next following weeks?

We don't realize it, but we all have the brain power to take ourselves on such an unforgettable journey as musicians. A lot of us are so quick to emulate the work of others, but that's really a bad habit that pushes us further into the wrong direction. We should learn how to listen for hidden key elements in our favorite songs and naturally apply them to our own work. So, what have you found guys? Besides naked woman...

-Joseph

[Edited by educatedfilm on 11-29-2001 at 10:02 AM]
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/29/2001 3:09 pm
Yer right - there are those moments, where u hear a song and it ... kinda 'changes' something deep within you.
There is a big difference between simply copying several styles and using it in your music, and between discovering the.. letz call it "heart" of the song.

I have had many of those moments. There are those songs that realy move you and i try to express these kinds feelings in my music too. Music is a very wonderfull language.

Albums that i´m looking forward to.. hmmm.. the next
Blind Guardian Album that should be out in a few weeks.
They´re one of those bands that have influenced me big time.

Cheers
-=[Azrael]=-

.. PS: how many posts till "member" instead of "new Member"?

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 2
Ken Grassfoot
Ken Grassfoot
11/29/2001 4:39 pm
I have found that listening to any good player on any instrument influences my playing. Check out Leo Kottke, Victor Wooten, Charlie Parker, Randy Rhodes, and Lindsey Buckingham. I have incorporated their interpretations into my style over the years. Check out my tabs on this site, search for Ken Hale.
Good Luck
KEN
# 3
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/29/2001 7:00 pm

Eddy took out the pic of Carmen Electra . . .

Bummer dudes.
# 4
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
11/29/2001 7:03 pm

Whoops . . . forgot to mention, the new Sevendust album inspires me to break stuff. It bumps.
# 5
stratman42
stratman42
11/29/2001 10:25 pm
Creed, because mark tremonti has such a different style of playing to most of the guitarists i listen to
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 6
Joseph
Joseph
11/30/2001 2:34 am

Hmmm...

Originally posted by stratman42
Creed, because mark tremonti has such a different style of playing to most of the guitarists i listen to

Yeah, Mark Tremonti is pretty damn good, I really like the new Creed record, and the combination of Scott's voice and Marks sound is pretty amazing. I think the thing that really stands out for me (when listening to Creed's music) are the lyrics, because it's been a while since I've seen such profound rock lyrics in this day and age, lyrics that don't involved sex, drugs and rock and roll.

Hey educatedfilm, was my picture really that offensive? I thought it was pretty cool, (cute and cuddly for the kids.) Heck, I don't know, I guess that's what happens when I drink an extra beer before midnight.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 7
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
11/30/2001 12:37 pm
nah... it wasn't offensive.. I was just worried that someone else would get the idea that posting pics of women was a good thing to do, and it'd get out of hand and I'd get it in the neck... but now I've realized you'r a moderator too... oooops... sorry... try not to do it too often though... :)

# 8
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
11/30/2001 10:19 pm
oh I completly forgot to anwer the thread... doh... Recently, radiohead "amnesiac", great album... "I might be wrong" is the anthem from that album... fantastic combination of dodgy drum box, and acoustic drums, very cool sounds, plus the fantastic vocals and guitar...
Anyone else dispointed to hear tom yorke sing live? Seriously, on some songs he really really sings off key, and on others ok, but never really as well as on the record...
oh yeah "pact like sardines" is another fantastic piece as well... oh as well as "dollars and cents"...you can probably tell I really like it! :) ...

Not much else though sadly...
# 9
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
11/30/2001 10:26 pm
9.11 by ron thal, aka bumblefoot
best guitarist alive, best songwriting I've heard in years, and the album's money goes to the red cross, so buy it, to check it out...
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.