multi

Psycho Amram
Psycho Amram
11/28/2001 7:56 am
i'm pretty new in this.
i've got only overdrive and i'm looking for somethin' more serious. should i get multi-effect or begin with wah or some such?
can somebody tell me what the difference is (in prices, quality etc.)?
God sent meat,
and the Devil sent cooks.

Excuse me while i keep this eye
# 1
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
fendermonkey77
MORE COWBELL!
11/28/2001 2:44 pm
First off, I guarantee you'll get so much opinion in this forum, so you have to remember that your opinion matters most. There are SO many effects out there you could read up on them for weeks and still miss a few. There are advantages and disadvantages to analog pedals vs. digital effects processing units.

Here comes my opinion:

I only play live with analog pedals (so far :) ) I use a Boss GT-3 effects unit when I want to play late at night (put on the headphones as to not wake the neighbors) or record without having to setup all the mics and stuff. I've yet to find a digital distortion that I absolutely love. I like the delays, phasers, choruses, etc from my Boss, but I'll still use my analog pedals in a live setting because I think they sound better. My advise would be to check out in music store....check out some analog wah pedals, chorus, etc. Then try out the multi-effects units and see what you like....but remember, don't confuse quantity for quality...i.e. if the thing has a ton of effects doesn't mean the effects are good. Good luck.

Free Backing Tracks At GuitarVoice.com!

"The pursuit of easy things makes men weak."

David O. McKay
# 2
Szabolcs
Szabolcs
11/30/2001 9:47 pm
I have to aggree with F monk on the analog stuff. I used to use a pedalboard. I thought for the price you couldn't beat having all the FX at your fingertips but for some reason my tone suffered when I plugged into my fender twin. I consulted a friend who has been giggin' for years( maybe even decades) and he said something about digital waves not being as warm as analog waves. So I tried some stomp boxes and slowly phased out the pedalboard. Since then I have yet to hear a guitarist use a digital FX processor and sound better then my analog gear. Keep in mind the more you Pay for a pedal the higher the quality. If you really want to sound good It will take a lot of practice and a lot of money. Bottom line: Digital gear is a mere replica of analog gear.... But that's just my opinion. Psycho, when you decided which way to go, post it OK? Peace.
# 3
Bardsley
Bardsley
12/01/2001 1:31 am
Most stomp boxes you get though, are digital and not analouge. Though you can get analouge effects, they are often vintage, and very expensive. TO my mind the difference is this. Multi effects get you more bang for your buck, and often are made so that each effect mixes very well with the others. Individual stomp boxes are better at what they do (being designed solely for one purpose), yet they often do not sit quite as well in a mix with other effects and are often very loud. I use stomp boxes because this is not really a problem most of the time, but you must remember to put them in the chain at good points (ie, delay after tone). They can be a lot more expensive too, but as I use very few effects, this is the way I go.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 4
Psycho Amram
Psycho Amram
12/02/2001 7:38 am
i've been wandering a bit in music store and i liked what i saw (or heard) but i'm afraid that the prices are waaaaaaay over my head for now.
however i seriously think about the Cry Baby or Vox Wah (maybe used) and i hope to get it soon
thanx for the advice everybody

just keep rockin'... keep rockin'... keep rockin'... keep rockin'... keep rockin'... keep rockin'... keep rockin'... keep rockin'...
God sent meat,
and the Devil sent cooks.

Excuse me while i keep this eye
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.