View post (buying a gaming system)

View thread

pure
pure
06/10/2008 5:38 pm
I used to play video games alot, during the time of ps1, ps2, nintendo 64, gameboy, xbox 1, gamecube, etc

I stopped because it started getting too expensive. as soon as I got a console, a new one came out! I had predicted that by now the ps7 would be out.. guess i was wrong hah

but what I do remember was that when buying a gaming system, the games available were never a really big factor since each and every one of the games worth playing were available in multiple systems. you might find a few that are loyal to only one company, but the best games (except Zelda =[) were available for all the major systems.

the next factor at the time was pretty much the controller. yes, the controller mattered that much. I remember I used to hate the xbox controller because it was so bulky and i couldn't be "quick" with the controller. pretty much the same thing for gamecube controller, although it was less bulky and pretty unique. and i loved the playstation controller!

for the most part the ps3 and 360 both very good systems. if you're gonna be online alot, i say get the 360. if you're gonna play it at home solo or with friends, both are good. If blu ray matters that much to you, and you're not going to buy a blu ray player, then get the ps3. but I remember there was a time when the ps2's dvd capabilities were a major selling point, and these days i can get a dvd player for $40 if not less.

I think the wii is fun but its not that powerful and the picture quality isn't as capable as the other two.
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks