View post (buying a gaming system)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
06/10/2008 1:38 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorSo ... what's the absolute gaming system?
Plus... I'd like to order it online in Canada and have it delivered.

That's like asking "who's the best guitarist?" Everyone has there favs, and there's pluses and minuses.

My son has the PS2 (takes memory cards and has wireless controllers)

The Wii- can connect to the web (not great), and can download any patches if needed. NOT hi def. though.

And the XBox- Has a HD (upgradable if you're handy at that kind of stuff), and can connect to...at least with other online gamers, as far as I know.

imo, the ultimate gaming system is a pc you make yourself with a kick-butt vid card(s), and a quad core cpu. I know you're a Mac guy, but that's just my opinion. All these console games aren't cross-compatible, so it's a PITA spending bucks for X game that's only good for X console. My experience with serious console gamers is that they have one of each so they can play every game available. Well, it might be cheaper to buy every console rather than make/pay for a pc gaming system, but I think that's the only other option if you're a serious gamer. For some reason, my son doesn't want the PS3.

You may want to look into the specs of every console to see if you can hook it up to your stereo system- I think you can, as there's rca jacks in all my son's consoles, but can't remember if they're in stereo or not; he's addicted enough, so I just have his consoles hooked up to another tv.

There's gotta be places like Amazon, or Gamespot that will deliver to Canada, I'd think. Or check out circuitcity.com before they go out of business. There's www.jr.com in New York City that will ship anywhere as far as I know.

But as far as the ULTIMATE- think it comes down to personal tastes. I still prefer to play games on my pc.

As far as my personal preference in consoles, it's the Wii- already comes wireless, don't need additional memory (far's I know), can connect to the 'net, and adults seem to have fun with it. I just can't get used to the controls on other consoles that drive me crazy.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)