View post (weight set?)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
06/10/2008 6:50 pm
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanAlways wanted to practice JKD... got all Lee's books, facinating stuff... you ever train in it?

JKD is really more of a philosophy of fighting than an art in and of itself. I know plenty of JKD "instructors" that don't even get this- they just show a bunch of techniques and say, "this is JKD". Bruce Lee really wanted to move away from classical/traditional arts, recognizing there was no perfect art. He's often thought of the godfather of mma, as he mixed the best of other arts into his style of fighting. The JKD philosophy is as much mental as it is physical.

Yeah, this thread has really taken a left turn, lol. But it's cool to see guitarists with other passions, especially MA, my other lifetime passion.

I saw the Machida fight and was pretty impressed. He didn't seem intimidated at all.

One of my favorite mma fighters is BJ Penn; I think his grappling skills are amazing. I was disappointed in his last match when he fought...Sherk(?). It was just a boxing match. I like to watch mma to see grappling, being that's not a strong point of mine. My nephew is a blue belt in bjj under Renzo Gracie and has shown me some cool moves. But still, in the street, I don't want to go to the ground. Strangely, in my last street altercation, I just got the guy in a fingerlock, cranked and brought him to his knees. Maybe it's a sign of maturity... :eek:
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)