View post (GT Solo Assignment - April 2008)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
04/13/2008 12:30 am
Originally Posted by: WrigglerUkPretty rough, just a placeholder for the moment. I wanted to get the structure down so I could listen to others. There's a couple of awful f**k ups in there still! :(

WrigglerUk

CookieMonster - I liked that take, not at all what I was expecting from someone with a name like that ( stereotyping rules! ) very cool syncopated style.

Equator - Nicely different, although I noticed a couple of trademark phrases in there! Seemed a bit noisy to me, and the mix wasn't right, the BT was too loud.

Fingerspasm - you really let go and rocked there! Opening was a bit rough then it took off. Nice smooth playing.

Listened to your track. I liked it the most when the new guitar effect kicked in at the 1:03 mark. The backing track level needs to be kicked up a couple of db's. I know you said this is just the rough copy so you probably already know that. Looking forward to hearing the finished product. :)
Thanks for the comment on my track. I shredded just as hard as I could on that one. I had nothing left. I lost it once or twice but in the end I am happy with the progress I am making at getting faster. My bends still suck. I need to work on shaking them and getting some more harmonics and vibrato in them. Practice Practice Practice. :)