View post (Santana - Into The Night (Single))

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
04/05/2008 4:51 am
Santana used to be my favorite guitarist- such a beautiful tone. But I've seen him many times live over the last 20 years and have been disappointed. Last time I saw him, Los Lonely Boys opened for him. I really didn't know LLB except for "Heaven", which was that year's hit song , but the lead guitarist, Henry Garza blew Santana off the stage. Quite honestly, I think I could have blown Santana off the stage. I went with another guitar player who wasn't into Santana, but after years of hearing me sing his praises, he agreed to go along with me. He couldn't understand why I was so into Santana; understandably so, given the performance. Makes me really sad to see one of my guitar heroes become so redundant.

It's hard to believe hearing a Knopfler influence. Knopfler is another one of my guitar heroes also- I think the Sultans of Swing solo will stand as one of the greatest rock solos of all time. I really can't see anyone influencing Santana; Santana is just Santana to me, but he's definitely not at the top of his game anymore.

Thanks for turning me on to Santana's latest- but I'll be prepared to be disappointed yet again.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)