View post (GT Solo Assignment - March 2008)

View thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
03/08/2008 6:33 pm
Ok I have my first rough take done.. I know it's my backing track, so you'd think I would have a perfect solo for it, right? Well no.. like anything to do with music, it's an art-form and way of expression so it's constantly evolving. There's a couple of wrong notes at around the 1:56 mark, so just ignore those for the time being and there are a few hesitations as you will hear. Also the mix isn't quite right yet.. though it's fairly close to what I was wanting the mix to sound like. I can understand you not wanting to listen to it, in case it gets stuck in your head while you are trying to make your own original solo track.. but I thought I'd submit it as an update of what I have so far...

Like every other month I have submitted stuff, I will submit my final mix by the end of the month, ready for voting and all that. I reduced the bitrate on this one, since it doesn't need to be high quality for a rough edit.

gt solo march 2008 - rough edit.mp3 - 3.05MB

BCNick - Sounded great mate, not sure why you are beating yourself up over this one.. There's heaps of variety in that.. I enjoyed it a lot.

WrigglerUK - Yeh, I see what you mean about being in a rut there. It still sounded good though, don't get me wrong.. but I understand what you mean. Hopefully you will find some time during the month to work on it some more.

I'll comment in more detail at the end of the month in the "Voting" thread once everyone's "final" submissions are in :)
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog