View post (GT Solo Assignment - March 2008)

View thread

mpaq
mpaq
03/05/2008 3:24 pm
I totally agree. Being a novice, im nowhere near being able to enter this, although I think even if i did I wouldnt be trashed. Just one of the many things i like about this board. Listening to the entries really helps me to understand the different possibilities/perspectives on a given track. Helps me to think outside the pentatonic box so to speak. Major kudos to Light for making the effort to keeping this going. I really like your idea about rating skill levels....i think maybe one reason for lack of participation is that the handful of regulars that do participate are really skilled, and so you figure what could i possibly add to that. Having levels would eliminate the possible intimidation factor and also provide a way to guage our own progress as we get critique and move up through the levels.
I would love to enter as a beginner knowing that I would be judged in that context and if at some point, you guys thought enough of my piece to bump me to intermediate, that would be really motivating.