Keyless Entry

RGX312l
RGX312l
12/25/2007 9:39 am
Hi,

Been a long time since I ....err...Rock and Roll (?) ..hahaha

Happy Holidays everyone in GT !

Fresh off the (CD) Burner :)

Inspired by the new-look Lexus GS300 and Jeff Beck's Guitar Shop ....somehow.

There is a short pause before the last section which has a 'Petrucci- wannabe' move ;)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=787180&songID=6104486

RGX312L
"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 1
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
12/25/2007 4:11 pm
Totally rocks! I really like the Intro and that rhythm guitar. Of course the lead is killer also. My only comment on improvements would be to turn the volume down just a tad on the lead guitar. Please do not take that the wrong way because your skill level is obviously way up there. Just an opinion of personal taste. And thats just my opinion. Everybody is different. By the way I left a comment on your soundclick page also. Keep rocking! :)
# 2
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
12/26/2007 9:25 am
Weird stuff.....

I mean that in a good way :)

Great stuff
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 3
RGX312l
RGX312l
12/26/2007 12:19 pm
Originally Posted by: FingerSpasmTotally rocks! I really like the Intro and that rhythm guitar. Of course the lead is killer also. My only comment on improvements would be to turn the volume down just a tad on the lead guitar. Please do not take that the wrong way because your skill level is obviously way up there. Just an opinion of personal taste. And thats just my opinion. Everybody is different. By the way I left a comment on your soundclick page also. Keep rocking! :)

Thanks FingerSpasm for taking time to check my song out.

Yes, I fully agree with you that the lead is too 'over the top' in the mix. The fact that the lead also occupies a totally different area in the EQ makes it worse. I'll remix it some time this week. Thanks.

OK, I gotta fess up here, the only sort of playing (if you can call it that) I did was on the lead. EVERYTHING else are just loops in GarageBand which I just slap together. I can never play such funky rhythm gtr, much less the bass!

And the name of the song is also a play on the word 'Keyless'. The parts without any basslines are just an open field where I can go really wild with the keys....until it sounds,well, keyless! haha.

# 4
RGX312l
RGX312l
12/26/2007 12:22 pm
Originally Posted by: maestro shazWeird stuff.....

I mean that in a good way :)

Great stuff

Thanks for listening :) I think when I recorded this, 'Weird' was exactly the kind of response I hope to receive.

Hope it did not cause any dis-orientation with the notes running all over the keys ! :D

# 5
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
12/26/2007 12:33 pm
Originally Posted by: RGX312lThanks FingerSpasm for taking time to check my song out.

Yes, I fully agree with you that the lead is too 'over the top' in the mix. The fact that the lead also occupies a totally different area in the EQ makes it worse. I'll remix it some time this week. Thanks.

OK, I gotta fess up here, the only sort of playing (if you can call it that) I did was on the lead. EVERYTHING else are just loops in GarageBand which I just slap together. I can never play such funky rhythm gtr, much less the bass!

And the name of the song is also a play on the word 'Keyless'. The parts without any basslines are just an open field where I can go really wild with the keys....until it sounds,well, keyless! haha.

Ahhhh Haaaa Now the Keyless part makes total sense. Cool!!! As for not doing all the song yourself that is pretty common. Heck its hard to be that good at guitar and everything else. I just posted a song on here called Making Me Nervous that is the same way. Its a Remix I just took some parts out and added guitar. Although my guitar was not quite up to the skill level as yours. But its a start. Anyway good stuff. Hope to hear more from you in the future. I will be checking out your soundclick page. I lurk on Soundclick quit a bit. There are lots of people on there who provide tons of inspiration and motivation to get better. For me anyway. :)
# 6
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
12/26/2007 1:54 pm
love the idea about the keyless thing... makes sense now
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 7
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
12/26/2007 1:55 pm
If i ever have a chance to go to Singapore, we should definately hook up....
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.