just a quick question

manicmelanie
manicmelanie
10/31/2007 7:36 pm
I just joined and wanted to say hi to everyone. Also, I noticed that the forum runs off my screen. Anyone else notice that? melanie
# 1
guitargeorge50
Bobby Howe
guitargeorge50
Bobby Howe
11/01/2007 2:42 am
Hi Melanie and welcome to Guitar Tricks,

I don't have an answer as to why the Forum runs off your screen, I presume you mean horizontally. Benoit or Jon Broderick probably can answer your question on that PDQ. If I can be of any other help about guitar, let me know.

Best wishes,

Bobby Howe
[FONT=Verdana]Bobby Howe[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Alias: guitargeorge50[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Guitar Tricks Instructor[/FONT]

www.bobbyhowe.com

Bobby Howe's My Space Page

Bobby Howe's Facebook Page

[FONT=Verdana]"Guitarists should be able to pick up the guitar and play music on it for an hour, without a rhythm section or anything." - Joe Pass[/FONT]
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
11/01/2007 7:08 am
My best guess would be that the forum is too large for your monitor. Does it run off literally, or do you need to scroll over to read the rest of the page? On my dad's PC I have to scroll over to read some things.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
ren
ren
11/01/2007 9:27 am
Yeah, sounds like it's your screen resolution. If I set mine to 800 x 600 the forum wraps off the screen, but if I set it tp 1024 x 768 it's OK....

try that... and welcome to GT... :)

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
11/01/2007 9:48 am
Windows 98/XP/ME/2000:
1. Minimise and/or close all windows so you can see your desktop background.
2. Right-click on the background picture.
3. From the menu that pops up, Left-click on the option that says "Properties".
4. Across the top of the page are a series of "tabs" and the last one says "Settings", go there by Left-clicking on the tab.
5. Near the bottom of the page you will see a slider with some numbers underneath.. Most likely, as ren suggested, you have it set to 800 x 600. Move the slider to the right and the numbers will increase. Set it to 1024 x 768 and Left-click the "Apply" button at the bottom.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts from here.
7. When you're done, Left-click the "Ok" button at the bottom.

Windows Vista:
1. Minimise and/or close all windows so you can see your desktop background.
2. Right-click on the background picture.
3. From the menu that pops up, Left-click on the option that says "Personalize".
4. At the bottom of the page that pops up, will will see the icon and words that say "Display Settings", Left-click on that.
5. Near the bottom of the page you will see a slider with some numbers underneath.. Most likely, as ren suggested, you have it set to 800 x 600. Move the slider to the right and the numbers will increase. Set it to 1024 x 768 and Left-click the "Apply" button at the bottom.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts from here.
7. When you're done, Left-click the "Ok" button at the bottom.
8. Close the "Personalize" window.

I don't own a Mac.. so don't know how to on a Mac.. but I think the only real difference is in the wording and method of bring up the menu.. For example, the slider that sets the screen resolution says "Screen Area" instead, I think..
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.