Overdubbing

phymozzy
phymozzy
10/27/2001 5:24 pm
Hello guys...
I want to know if any of you know a little more about overdubbing, cause I have a doubt: Is there any "overdub pedal"? Or it only works after you recorded the track?

Thanx
][ Þ|-|¥MØzz¥ ][
# 1
jarviss
jarviss
10/27/2001 10:01 pm
what is it you want to do exactly?
i think i've heard of a pedal that you can play a riff or wahtever....and it'll keep repeating it while you play something else over it...
but usually...."overdubbing"...is playing something new over an existing track so that you can try out other "takes"...to see how it sounds...if you like it...you use the overdub...or punch it in...in your final recording..

or i guess some people might use 'overdubbing' and 'doubling' as the same thing..
i think of 'doubling' as playing a guitar line, for example..and actually recording another track of guitar that matched it exactly...thus...doubling the line...smashing pumpkins did this alot on the siamese dream cd..whatever that was called.....

sooo maybe you could let us know what you're after...
good luck
-G

yo
# 2
phymozzy
phymozzy
10/29/2001 8:30 pm
yeah man, thats it, thanxs...
i figure out a delay pedal that does exactly what i was looking for... its a regular delay, except its repeat time is set to a really really high rate, like 50 or 10 miliiseconds. so, when you attack the strings, its "fills" the sound with lots of other parallel waves. EX:

original guitar wave: ----------------
with delay : ================

see? so what do we have? a hyper heavy effect enhancer!
for example, if you´re using a overdrive pedal, you plug this after you plugged the overdrive, duplicating the waveform!

you guys should really try it... if you have a regular delay, like i did, there are some stuff that you change inside the pedal so the time is set to real high repetitions.

by the way, thanxs for the tips jarvis...
][ Þ|-|¥MØzz¥ ][
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.