Guitar Effects

guitarnoel
guitarnoel
10/25/2001 6:47 am
Hello Everyone!

I've just purchased a new Zoom 505II Effects Processor. Can anyone tell me how I can make the best use of my effects. I have a Fender Strat - Squier guitar.

Thanks
# 1
buckshot09
buckshot09
10/25/2001 11:50 am
Hi guitarnoel.
I have recently purchased the zoom50511 as well. I use a american deluxe strat and a fernandes strat. I find that when I play thru headphones I get all the classic sounds I want. However when playing in my band I go staright from the zoom into the PA sytem but I don't seem to get the same sound. It becomes annoying, so if someone can help me also I would appreciate it.Regards Buckshot
# 2
phymozzy
phymozzy
10/25/2001 9:38 pm
well, i dont got one myself, but my bass player does, and i use his. its a great thing, but i think it has too much echoes and reverbs and acoustic stuff, because my style is more "dry" and heavy. but thats just my opinion, the effects are great. try putting the F4 effect and setting it to maximum gain and minimum reverb in a overdrive channel and you´ll scream.
][ Þ|-|¥MØzz¥ ][
# 3
lidex
lidex
10/29/2001 8:25 am
I don't know about the Zoom effects(I use Digitech Rp2000) but I can tell you that you can set up basic patches thru headphones but you will have to tweak them for whatever amp/cabinet/room setting you play in.EQ will most likely be involved as well as reverb,delay and other time-based effects.You may also have to optimize the sound to "sit in the mix."Best advice I can give-read the manual.Play around with the presets.Tweak them to your liking.Get a feel for what all the controls do then read the manual again.You'll figure it out.These are powerful tools.Don't underestimate EQ;it may be the most important setting.One last thing.Check out the manufacturers website.If it's anything like Digitech,you'll find links to user groups and forums where you can find more specific info.You might also try a search engine like Google.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.