Dethklok's "Thunderhorse" cover

quickfingers
quickfingers
09/20/2007 7:25 am
HURRRRRR

the guitar tone is extremely muddy unfortunately, but all the guitar tracks where put through amplitube, and apparently there was just too much software doing too much work. it still sounds much better in cubase, but you can get the general idea.

ps...i know the thunderhorse thing has probably been beaten to death with a....dead horse, but its still a fun song to play.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
09/20/2007 11:16 am
Nice cover... I learned the opening to that song but I am still not quite fast enough to do the whole thing yet. In time (Paul Gilbert Look Out!)
Sounds like you had it nailed. It was a little muddy. Did you record from your amp into a mic? Or Direct into your computer from the guitar? I also have had some problems trying to use Amplitube to record direct. The sound through Amplitube seems to be okay but compared to my Digitech GNX4 is seems to be inferior. I was wondering if it was just a problem with my settings but maybe its not now that you have also mentioned it.
# 2
LDPGuitarist27
LDPGuitarist27
09/20/2007 5:37 pm
Best song ever. EVER. I couldnt play it for my life. Except on Guitar Hero (the talentless game of wannabe guitarists)
Hvy MtL
# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
09/20/2007 5:59 pm
Nicely played, sound like some arpeggios in there at the beginning. Rhythms are tight as hell - recording are a bit muddy allright but the track is played well. To be honest, I recognise the riffs but I don't know the song... I'm a bit of a philistine when it comes to music! Sounds good though;-)
# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
09/20/2007 6:38 pm
i recorded it mic->computer, but i was too lazy to give it a good setup. i literally just stuck my condenser mic on a laundry hamper next to my amp and that was the extent of my mic placement. amplitube totally masked that, though....but because of my lack of volume on the condenser, the guitars (rhythm especially) lost alot of midrange and the tone is probably weak because of that.

the muddiness i contribute solely to the fact that i run my recording program off of 448 mg of RAM and i just think that amplitube needs more power than that to handle 3 seperate tracks.

i consider myself pretty marginal with sweeping, but the sweeping pattern in the beginning is actually a bit difficult at that speed. 10 bpm slower is much more managable, but at that speed i had a real hard time getting my fingers to play it as clean as i would like. lets just say i'm lucky the recording sounds like sh*t :rolleyes:
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
Bar Chord Nick
Full Access
09/20/2007 10:15 pm
Well done I think. I'm not familiar with the song or the band for that matter but I would agree with superhuman the rhythm is tight. Some nice riffs and at those speeds i think you handled it really well. The recording is actually pretty good too considering the way you say it was done :D
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.