View post (Something I've learned from working with kids)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/29/2007 4:13 pm
Originally Posted by: clewniiStudies have shown ... Maybe you'd like to take that in to consideration before you assume that all children are able to accurately judge whats real or not.[/quote]
You dropped the original context of the conversation. I don't need to consult a study of children's brain waves in order to know that corporeal bodies are real and that "the non-reality of corporeal bodies" is a contradiction in terms.

If someone was telling a child about something that was real and truly complex, therefore beyond the conceptual grasp of a child (differential equations or valence bond theory in chemistry, for example), then it might be valuable to know more about the physical/electrical responses of the brain.

Since the conversation started with talking about something that was clearly irrational, no further information is needed to conclude that the child's reaction was to switch to thinking about something that the child knew was real and therefore of value to him (i.e the game "Battleship" was the given example).
[QUOTE=clewnii]Some people are very good at visualizing things. A good (maybe too good) example of this was Nicola Tesla who as a child could not differentitate at all between things he had imagined and things that were "real".

Granted. This is a very good point. But, again, the original context was about something that was a contradiction and did not refer to anything in reality, regardless of it's potential or actual existence as imagined or real.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory