View post (Something I've learned from working with kids)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/28/2007 2:45 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI was just using an example, calm down; I never said I adhere to that school of philosophy.[/quote]
I am calm, as ever, thank you. I explicitly said I didn't know what your position was. I did use the second person "you" in my reply. However, it was not necessarily pointed at YOU personally. It was meant in a general sense. Unless it is applicable. So if the shoe fits, it is yours to wear. :p
[QUOTE=Jolly McJollyson]Also, the "non-reality of corporeal bodies" has to do with a representationalist philosophy like that of Berkeley. Read a book and take your meds.

I've read Berkeley. And his descendents (and I mean that historically and metaphorically) Hume, Kant and Hegel. All of them constitute a disaster area of irrational nonsense that has polluted philosophy for the last 300+ years. Berkeley's philosophy (and his followers, especially Kant & Hegel) is typically categorized as Immaterialism or Idealism. This is usually code for "the human mind cannot successfully perceive reality" or "things as they REALLY are". This starting premise somehow NEVER discourages any of these knuckleheads from continuing on with 700 more pages about their "philosophy".

You'd think they would take their own advice and realize that since they are also human, obviously their own philosophy should tell them that they know nothing and can never know anything for certain. So why are they writing philosophy texts?

I'll stick with Aristotle and Rand, thanks. And I do not need or take meds, thanks for your concern. :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory