View post (Now the Taliban will pay a price)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
10/09/2001 4:43 am
Just about everyone I've come in contact with (as of late) is afraid to comment on what's going on in this world. With America's the recent retaliation methods on other countries, people all over the world, especially those who surround me are afraid that we are doing the wrong thing. A'though there are a lot of us who are strong advocates of peace, we can't just sit around and wait for another strong level of destruction to hit our country. There's too much at risk, and we can't afford to fail.

There's too much hatred in this world, and sometimes a simple conversation just can't solve all of our problems. As American's we have to defend what we believe in, and prepare for our future. The president has tried his best to solve matters in a peaceful way, however, the longer we wait, the more is put at risk for us and our future families.

One of the biggest threats as of late is chemical warefare. This is very scary, and I'm sure that there are millions of American's all over trhe globe who fear that if we retaliate, we are only setting ourselves up for another attack, if not now, but years from now, from those who we least expect to strike. It's been said that there are secret deals with various other countries to destroy America, and everything we have worked hard for. But that's what our military is for, they are prepared in case of such a crisis, and they are not trained to just sit back and hope for the best. It's all about action, and it's about time that we've taken some.

It's safe to say that this world will never be the same again, and you know what, I'm beginning to think that there isn't an amount of money that can prevent all of these acts of terrorism. As American citizens, we've been unprepared for far too long, where at this moment, we seem vulnerable to such attacks (as destruction and cheimcal warefare.)

I know a lot of people who are buying gas masks for protection, doing whatever they can do to prepare themselves for such a high level of destruction. To continue on with their livelihoods, we march proud with our masks in hands, as we have strong faith in our government. But you know, things have been screwed up for far too long, and it's definitely going to take a lot of hard work to make up for the mistakes in out last administration. I hope President Bush is up for the task, however with what I've seen so far, I've been impressed.

But talk is cheap, actions tend to speak louder than words. If America waits any longer to strike, we are giving bin Laden more time to prepare himself for a massive war. It's just all too much to take in at once, but we have no choice.

It's really sickening to think that only a few miles away from where I live, there are possible terrorists, people who I may have met once of twice in my lifetime, people who are dilligently planning this countries demise.

Discrimination is not the answer, it's impossible to be perceptive enough to weed through the good and bad, and I'm really tired of watching this world fall apart as a result. I've seen so many different attitudes change, it's not funny. Although such a crisis is supposed to bring us closer together as Americans, it seems as if a lot of people have narrowed it down to appearance and color, which isn't right.

I've been sick of it down here in Florida for quite some time, and because of recent discoveries, hopefully I've given myself a good enough reason to get the heck out of here. But, still, just like everyone else, I have my responsibilities, my work, and I can't just pick up and leave unless I seriously feel that there's danger beyond words.

I'm not one to panic, but (with this new casew of Anthrax) I feel that there's so much that the authorites aren't telling us. You just can't help feeling overwhelmed in a situation like this, fearing the worst is yet to come. As for the anthrax attack, it's been said that it's highly unlikely that this is another terrorist attack, but now the authories have changed their minds once again.

I guess roight now I'm hanging by a ,moment, just trying to make sence of it all. I'm trying to figure out if I'm wrong in resisting to move back home up north in Massachsetts to stay with my friend Sally, I hope I'm not taking my last breath in deciding to stay next to all of these palm trees.

However, I have a very strong optimistic nature, and I refuse to run away. Not just yet.

God Bless America....

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."