View post (Now the Taliban will pay a price)

View thread

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/08/2001 10:10 pm
Black rose:"He does, as much as I hate to admit it, strike on a good point against the United States. It isnt enough of an excuse to kill people like that, but everyone needs to keep in mind that we are not dealing with a mindless fanatical terrorist with no common sense, we are dealing with a fully competent human being who has as much reasoning behind his beliefs as you and I think we do. The only difference is that his reasoning is targeted against us as much as ours is against him. "
I'm extremly happy to see there are intelligent poeple who dont fall for the old demonising the enemy routine, who do think for them selves, and dont go straight into "We need to protect country by blowing up someone elses" hysteria.

An update on the position of the afgan poeple, This is all according to BBC news 24:
-There is an estimated 7.5 million poeple now reliant on aid.
- This would mean that 55,000 tonnes of food, suplies, medicens etc need to be droped PER MONTH. This has never been done before.
-39,000 rations have been droped
(39,000/7,500,000 = 0.0052, 0.52%. That means, one ration has to go round, about, 200 people!!!)
-There is not enough shelter.

Zepplin: I do appologies, you are right that mossad is an intelligence group... the name of the right wing group i'm think of has slipped my mind! That's really anoying! It's good to hear there is Jewish group, and that the whole list isn't complete hypocracy...
i think there's a good reason that Bush doesn't want to upset muslim. There are 1 billion of them! He needs Pakistan, Geographicaly, so he can get a strangle hold on afganistan (simply closing off borders means no fuel will get into afaganistan, so the taliban army will be effectivly paralysed). With out them (and their air space) there would be NO attacks. Same goes For saudi arabia. I think if isrialis really want to root out terror they should relize that these countries are essentail, and deserve some credit!