View post (Why do we put ourselves through it?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
10/15/2001 3:47 am
Would I still write music, or record an album if I knew that no one else would hear it? It's the question of whether or not we make music for ourselves, or to receive endless praise from our peers?

Personally, I could care less on how others feel when it comes to my musical creations, (I mean a little pat on the back doesn't hurt) but that's not my primary intention for constantly pushing mysrelf to the next level. I love creating music, ever since I was a child. I think that those early years in growing up (our natural interests) it kind of shapes us as human beinhgs. I've always had that strong desire to try and understand myself through music. It's a part of wh Iam. And with the guitar, there are so many endless possibilities, something that has attracted me from day one.

Hey, it would be nice if I can make a healthy living as a musician as the years progress, but regardless on whether or not I get that big break, I know (in my heart) that I'll always have that desire to move forward as a musician, in every way possible.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."