View post (My first song)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
04/07/2007 10:53 pm
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=685738

I got cold feet and removed the link this morning because I knew that this is so simple compared to the other stuff on here. I have only been playing about 18 months. Anyway I decided to add the link back. Maybe some other newbies like me will post some music. All of the other posts on here are so good I can only hope I will be half as good in a couple more years. I did this on Cool Edit Pro. I started learning how to use that program about 2 weeks ago. It has been alot of fun. But now I am stuck in a rut. Basically I do not have the skill level at this point to make it better. So its back to playing scales.
I do have to say that I thought I was getting real good because i could play some other peoples songs really well. But when I went on this little journey I realized there is a big difference between copying someone and trying to make your own original. The melody and the solo are original so I guess thats something... Any advice would be appreciated. I have already been told I might want to consider a different instrument so that has already been covered. :)