i'm in an anti mood...

aschleman
aschleman
03/14/2007 4:04 pm
i wrote a song in the style of All American Rejects/Sugarcult/(insert radio sell out band here). It's short... The reason: I called my bank the other day and they put me on hold for like 15 minutes so I forced to lisent to pop radio through my phone speaker...... And when I got home the first thing I played on guitar sounded way too much like an All American Rejects song... and a poppy melody instantly came to me. It was like I was struck by a bolt of pop-lightning and it momentarily took over my body and forced a pop song out of me in literally 5 minutes... It was sort of an out of body experience... thank god.

Anyway, here's my anti-pop song written in pop form... It's kind of more Fall Out Boy'ish than AAR'ish... I'm sorry that I use AAR as a pop example... I don't know many pop bands I just know I hate (most) their music.

Image the first part here being very slow and drawn out Then kicking into the beat of the song at the "And I..." part... I'll just add [slow] and [fast] so you can see what I mean

[slow]
Every time,
I show up here,
It breathes new life,
Into this heart of mine
[fast]
And I don't want you to know this
It's the coming undone
I'm trading one hit, yeah
For the other one.
Have we let it all go?
The way we were
Have we nothing to show
Besides our 2.5, on the radio
[slow]
Every time,
I show up here,
It breathes new life,
Then it disappears.
[fast]
Oh, radio.
Why do they follow... me.
Radio. Radio.
Radio. Radio.
I want to get paid.
Radio. Radio.
Radio. Radio.
[slow]
Why do they follow me.
I want to get paid.
I don't want to lead.
sie lieben junge bander

Ta-da...... obviously in true pop fashion this song, played like this^^^ will only last about 45 seconds... So that's why I would just play it all two or three times to take up the standard 2.5 - 3 minute radio slot.

And the last part says "you love boy bands" in german.
# 1
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/14/2007 7:07 pm
Originally Posted by: aschleman[fast]
Oh, radio.
Why do they follow... me.
Radio. Radio.
Radio. Radio.
I want to get paid.
Radio. Radio.
Radio. Radio.
[slow]
Why do they follow me.
I want to get paid.
I don't want to lead.
sie lieben junge bander

This part is really good. I didn't like the stuff before it, but I think you did a splendid job here.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.