View post (Rap (continued))

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
09/27/2001 4:14 am
Although, we might tickle you for a while, :rolleyes:.

Rap music, it's been around for a very long time, and yes it has garnered a lot of respect, (especially from my side of the fence.) However, I would much rather listen to someone with a good strong voice, instead of someone speaking 20mph on the mike.( I think we all suffer through enough tedious conversations as the weeks progress.)

However, with rap music, for a lot of artists, there's a message behind their music, and it's not just jibberish. Basically, we all feel different, and sometimes we can all relate to subtle gestures here and there. However, (with my good eye, and ear for this matter) I've seen too many singers use rap as an excuse not to polish their voice. It's not easy to get up their and sing your heart out, (matching your vocals with the guitar player) and for a lot of people they would rather just take the easy way out.

I'm tired of that logic,:mad: and it has spread in the music industry as we speak. For some musicians, they are meant to rap, but for other's, it's a lame defensive reaction fo qualities that they don't possess.

I'll tell you, for years I hated rap, and everything that surrounded it. But it's not as bad as most people think, some of it is pretty interesting, and most importantly tollerable. However, if I may rely on my immediate reaction, bands like POD and Limp Bizkit, they really sound off kilter. I think they should be using their talents in a different fashion. However, that's my oipinion, which could change as the months go by, but I doubt it.

-Joseph

[Edited by Joseph on 09-27-2001 at 12:16 AM]
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."