Ah the pranks Cherne pulls.

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/02/2007 7:21 pm
An email my friend, Cherne, sent the Gillette company upon seeing a recent commercial for their shaving gel:

Dear Gillette,

I have always loved your products and so after seeing your Gillette Fusion shaving cream I immediately ran out to purchase it. Try and imagine my disappointment when upon applying the cream to my face it failed to materialize into a high-tech grid of razor protection - as your commercial clearly indicates. Needless you say, I was appalled. Out of despair I've resorted once again to shaving with butter. Was I doing something wrong? Was I putting the cream on incorrectly? Where is my defense-matrix?

Sincerely,
Chris Williamson

P.S. Should I keep my shaving cream in a padded brief case like your commercial suggests?

Their Response?

March 1, 2007

Dear Mr. Williamson,

Your comments and experience with the Fusion Shave Gel Moisturizing will be shared with the people in our technical and marketing groups. I would like to arrange to send you a certificate to replace the product. However, we did not recveive your complete mailing infomation.

Gillette devotes considerable effort to produce only the highest quality products by using state of the art control systems that carefully monitor all phases of production. We continually re-evaluate and upgrade our quality systems to ensure that we maintain the highest standards for our products. When one of our consumers is disappointed, so are we, and we'll make every effort to correct the problem.

Please contact us and please reference the number below. Thanks!

Letty R.
Consumer Service Associate
011183346A
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
03/02/2007 7:57 pm
Haha, priceless.

I had a friend that use to send complaint letters to every company he could think of... he got a lot of cool stuff out of it. One time he bought a pair of shoes that were half off the original price ($120). They were, like, size 16 or something crazy like that... he complained to Nike about how they caused him to have severe blisters and they had him send those shoes and they sent him a reimbursement voucher for a new pair of Nikes of equal value... of $120 dollars. So he got a brand new pair of $120 dollar Nike's for $60. He did it to Reebok too. Good old corporations... they're so busy they can't even realize it when people make a fool of them.

This friend is no longer a friend of mine though... come to find out he was a thief..... WHO KNEW!? I think he's in jail right now for getting in an accident while driving drunk and fleeing the seen.....
# 2
acapella
acapella
03/02/2007 8:23 pm
Jolly, your friend is a genius. Based on that response though, I'm guessing that nobody actually read his letter. I think I should try that, see if I can get any freeniz'z.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.