View post (Question about progress for a beginner)

View thread

dvenetian
dvenetian
02/17/2007 1:25 pm
Originally Posted by: Logan826 My teacher (which I have a lesson every two weeks because he's booked to the hilt and he knows me so he did me a favor and squeezed me into a time) says I'm doing fine. Because of the vast skill levels of the people on this forum, i ask you: Am I in the norm ? or should I be doing cord changes at some speed by now ?
Thanks,
Dan

Your Instructor is correct. The key is to relax. Forming chords properly will take time. Try to focus your limited time on your weak points and they will become strong points. Then on to the next one. I'm just glad that I don't live next door to you for the next couple of years because that's what it will take before you understand how to incorporate the Key. My neighbor's Boy is starting as well and his fret hand fingers are indented and sore as hell from trying to strangle that neck!!!!!!
Relax (the Key) and use the least amount of pressure necessary to make a proper tone. Tense hands make it hard to have a natural form. (It will become natural in time).