View post (Modal improvising)

View thread

lanegreyy59
lanegreyy59
12/31/2020 5:04 am
[p][u]i[/u]
Originally Posted by: Thanks for your reply![br]In diatonically use,you said tha the sound quality of each mode is reflected on the chord that is built on that scale degree.Do you mean that a D Dorian will work best than an A Aeolian an D- chord?[br]Correct me if i'm wrong:if we are in tonality of C major and we use D dorian on D minor chord,E phrigyan on E minor chord,F Lydian on F major chord,G mixolidyan on G major chord, A aeolian on A minor chord and B Locrian on B diminished triad (if we are using chords built only with three notes) we are using modes diatonically.But if we use modes diatonically, we always use the same 7 notes!In improvising you can play all notes in each manner,so how can anyone recognize which mode are you using?[br]Or maybe when you use modes diatonically you have to build melodic cell(for example 1st 3rd and 4th note of the mode) and repeat it over all chords;in my example you should have[br][br]1)Cmajor[br]Related mode:Ionian[br]Notes: C E F[br]2)Aminor[br]Related mode:Aeolian[br]Notes: A C D[br]3)Dminor[br]Related mode:Dorian[br]Notes: D F G[br]4)G7[br]Related mode:Mixolidyan[br]Notes: G B C[br][br]IS THIS THE WAY TO USE MODES DIATONICALLY?[br]If it is not can you make me a chord progression with related sequence of notes to use over any chord?[br]Can you make me other example using modes with tonal system?[br]Thanks![br]Antonio