Buying a new amp

polansky
polansky
11/27/2006 3:40 pm
Cheers everybody:

I know there's a post on the right amp topic (I think I've read it like 6 or 8 times), but there is nothing like GT input on gear.

I'm thinking in getting a new amp, and I really don't know what to get, the only thing defined is:

1- Probably I need a combo (not head and cab, not enought room and maybe money)
2- Heavy sounding stuff it's my bag, but latetly been playing some sort of dirty bluesy stuff with a sound a bit like Hendrix (dark dirty tone I mean... need a life of pracitce and some more to get to the "other" Jimmy side).
3- I play mostly tru a PODXt live six and seven string guitars.

Did I mention I dream with a mesa recto more often that I dream with girls... (I want to win the lottery... every time I look at mesa catalog I cry...)

Anyway, guess you guys can give me some opinion over a nice loud combo with a bit of tone flexibility.

Please let me know.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
11/27/2006 4:59 pm
The Holy Grail of gear questions.....How much you planning on spending?
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
polansky
polansky
11/27/2006 5:22 pm
Budget...mmm... it's a bit difficult question cause in Mexico gear prices are sometimes 1/3 more expensive than in the US for example.

I may say... bout $500 or $600 USD top, remember, considering mexican price I may be talking of a amp of $100 bucks cheaper than what I'm plannig to pay.

I even considered going to US and buy it there, but carring an amp on a plane... damn... besides, if something happens to it I'll kill the entire arline.
# 3
Ryan Buckner
Ryan Buckner
11/27/2006 8:09 pm
Have you ever considered buying from ebay or a similar online store? That way it could just be shipped to you..plus they might have some cheaper, good deals.
Ryan Buckner, Ysrafel
# 4
polansky
polansky
11/27/2006 9:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Ryan BucknerHave you ever considered buying from ebay or a similar online store? That way it could just be shipped to you..plus they might have some cheaper, good deals.

Ryan, the thing is that postal service in Mexico is very bad, once my ex ordered a puzzle... A PUZZLE... they lost it.
Have friends on germany, they being kind enought to writte me letters (unusual in e-mail times), never got them.

Besides, postal service checks the packages and if I get it from mail I'll have to pay taxes (same thing happens with DVD's and CD's), so that's why eBay it's been out of the question since forever. Bad luck I guess.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.