View post (Well, someone had to start one about it.)

View thread

Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
11/17/2006 1:25 pm
I also believe that M$ is going to win this battle, just like everything else. I saw a demo recently and was underwhelmed to say the least. The response from E3 was also underwhelming. Game companies do not like the Sony platform. It takes too much extra time to develop for the system. In comparison, an XBOX360 is really similar in development as a PC game. So when a title comes out for PC or XBOX360, it is easy to port one to the other. To port the same title to Sony, it has to be completely re-written from scratch. Developers dont want to have to spend the extra coin. They like the ROI with only having to develop one time to cover multi platforms. Sony's only advantage is title exclusives. I hear many of these companies will not renew there exclusivity deals with Sony.

Also, the verdict isnt in on Blu-ray. This could be Betamax all over again.

Ren, I'm a little surprised to hear you say that you don't think it's that much better than the original X-box. I currently only own three 360 games, and the graphics and game play is much better than the same games on the xbox. I was actually stunned the first time Madden booted up on the 360, it made the $600 I spent on the console/game/controller worth it.