View post (Simple Advice on Nervousness.)

View thread

citizenlev
citizenlev
11/11/2006 12:44 am
Aschleman, I think, that exercise either in groups or by oneself is greatly undervalued in your post.

The improved sleep quality will help you focus on your performance avoiding the billion of distractions that happen on stage.

The improved blood flow will greatly reduce the chances of the hand cramps.

And the raised energy levels will help you nail that solo with intensity and confidence.

And the anxiety will not lock you up, inhibited, before the crowd of whatever size.

As I'm sure you're aware it is not an easy task to practice 3 hours/day by yourself, not to mention getting a band together to do the same. High energy levels are required for such a feat. Sadly many bands resort to get that energy out of cigarettes, caffiene, and booze. Or worse... :eek:

Also it is unrealistic, I think, to presume that even a yoga master trained in virtuoso guitar can get a gig of 300 people his first time performing in public.
More often than not, if you're able to book your first or second or third gig it will be small and you would be good enough to perform your material there, at least somewhat ok. Any anxiety at that time is reasonably useless, and would drop it's chances of occurence if you had exercised.