Da Bears

aschleman
aschleman
10/17/2006 4:18 am
Sorry... but I have to say it...... DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEARS just pulled off one of the best comebacks in franchise history against the arizona cardinals without an offensive touchdown...

DAAAAAAAAAAA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS. Looks a lot like 1985!!!
# 1
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
10/17/2006 4:58 am
Originally Posted by: aschleman...Looks a lot like 1985!!!

Mehh. That win was about 35% Urlacher, 15% punt return td, and 50% good luck (or misfortune of Cardinals; choke of the kicker). And you said it...not a single offensive td, and like what, 6 turnovers. They keep playing like that, they won't even make playoffs playing more solid teams.
That said, it was a great game to watch though! Unbelievable.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 2
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
10/17/2006 10:38 pm
It was a very enjoyable thing to see. Now, how about them 'er Steelers??? Did you catch the whippin' they put on the KC Chiefs? Everyone here in the 'Burgh is holding their collective breath waiting and hoping that miserable start to the season is over.

BTW, I think we get to play DA BEARS a little later on this year, huh? Oooh, that might be fun!

:)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 3
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
10/18/2006 1:07 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60...Now, how about them 'er Steelers??? Did you catch the whippin' they put on the KC Chiefs?

Nope, didn't see that one. Must be nice to have a good team. Being more or less Houstonians we wouldn't know about that. I thought about rooting for that other team in Texas, but nahh. New Orleans is closer than Dallas anyways. Ah well...there's always UT I guess!
[/FONT]
# 4
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/18/2006 4:28 am
I'm in Phoenix and boy are they talking about that meltdown today. Every freakin person has something to say about it. It's the top story on every news station. I'm not entirely surprised. C'mon its the Cardinals! What do ya expect? Edgerrin James had horrible numbers and he can't run behind that sad excuse for an offensive line. It's pretty pathetic. The head coach totally went off in the press conference! Pretty hilarious! Oh well....thats why I'm a Ravens fan :cool:
# 5
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/18/2006 7:19 am
Yeah the Bears' offense was exposed a bit in that game. Grossman got bailed out. I think Rustee is right some of the "better" teams might beat the Bears especially if those teams play them at home.

My Broncos have been doing OK. I'd like to see the offense step up a bit but as long as they're winning.....
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
aschleman
aschleman
10/18/2006 11:41 am
I'd agree that the Bears didn't play the best game... and in all reality they'll lose atleast one game this season... This isn't the same the same league that the '76 Dolphins played in... The talent is a lot more spread out.

But... To defend the Bears... I don't think anyone can say that the Cardinals gave the Bears that game. Not even in the least... Sure, they missed 2 field goals... That's life... The fact of the matter is that Arizona played 3 and a half quarters of decent football and the Bears played 3 and half quarters of bad football. If Rex Grossman doesn't combine to tally 6 turnovers all by himself the Bears romp on the Cards just like everyone expected. If anything.... the Cards didn't give the Bears the game... The Bears let the Cards have the game... then took it back at the end... and you can't deny that. Would everyone be so excited about this game if the offense got the 3 touchdowns that it needed?? No... not in the least... the fact that this defense, the best in the league, and the special teams produced points and shut down the Cards when they had to. And to the credit of Arizona... the Cardinals are not as nearly bad as their record shows. I think with Leinart in the drivers seat and the recieving corpes that they have, and with Edge... things are only going to get better.

In order for a team to beat the bears... they're going to have to score more than 23 points.... period.... If they can't do that... they will lose and it was proven on Monday night. The Bears may not win the Super Bowl, but they'll be in the playoffs and they'll be the team to beat. Especially if they have home field advantage in the playoffs.
# 7
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/18/2006 6:37 pm
I agree with you to some extent that the Cards didn't "give away the game" to the Bears. But the Cards' play calling and poor execution allowed the Bears to get back in it. They made a huge mistake by switiching to a conservative game plan where they just ran the ball (ineffectively) once they got the lead. There's absolutely no reason to take the ball out of Leinart's hands because he was the one bright bright spot on offense. The idea of "just putting points on the board" and running the clock was plain stupid. The Cardinals don't have anything to play for! No need to squeek by with a win. They should've gone for the jugular early on and well into the 2nd half when they were still causing turnovers. They let the Bears hang around and they got what was coming to them.
# 8
aschleman
aschleman
10/30/2006 4:24 pm
Who would you take in a matchup between a certain Coach Ditka..... and a Hurricane....... but the hurricanes name is... Hurricane Ditka.

OOOOh, that's a tough one Bob... I'd take Ditka in overtime.

DAAAAA Bears. Sexy Rexy Grossman got back on track this weekend and they are once again looking like a PowerHouse.

I guess I can't forget to mention DAAAA Colts either.

And way to go Oregon State Beavers.... even though it would have been much sweeter if my Notre Dame Fighting Irish were the ones to knock them off... Either way... I hate USC.
# 9
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/30/2006 4:57 pm
Anyone catch that Colts-Broncos game? ****ing Peyton Manning. Denver needs to figure something out. At least the offense went score for score with them. One or two stops and Denver wins. Dammit. :mad:
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
10/31/2006 12:06 am
And yet again, our only football team's performance worthy of note was UT. I caught most of that game (UT at Texas Tech) and Tech shredded em up in the passing game and had a good lead at half, but UT came back and with a 4th quarter drive to take the lead for the 1st time of the game were able to hold on to it. Meanwhile, David Carr got benched...I laughed out loud at that.
[/FONT]
# 11
aschleman
aschleman
10/31/2006 1:16 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdAnd yet again, our only football team's performance worthy of note was UT. I caught most of that game (UT at Texas Tech) and Tech shredded em up in the passing game and had a good lead at half, but UT came back and with a 4th quarter drive to take the lead for the 1st time of the game were able to hold on to it. Meanwhile, David Carr got benched...I laughed out loud at that.

that UT game was a nailbiter!!
# 12
aschleman
aschleman
01/22/2007 2:27 pm
Originally Posted by: aschleman

DAAAAAAAAAAA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS. Looks a lot like 1985!!!

Daaaaaaaaaa Bears. Hurricane Bryan (Urlacher) is about to hit Miami, Fl. Devin Hester is goin back home to The U...... Oh glorious day. Too bad they're playing my other team... Daaaaa Colts. I'll still be supporting my Monsters of the Midway though just like I did back in the day.
# 13
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/22/2007 2:50 pm
I was rooting for the Bears and the Colts to win, I think its going to be a good superbowl this year.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 14
Scotttaylor72
Scotttaylor72
01/22/2007 2:58 pm
I was actually rooting for the Saints in the NFC, but I didn't think it mattered, the Colts OR the Pats would have beat them. NOW we have something to watch, though. I'm hoping this will be a good game. AAAAND I'm hoping Peyton gets his ring.
# 15
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/22/2007 3:17 pm
I think that this was the best possible outcome. Should prove to be a great SuperBowl. The power house D of DA BEARS and the high-octaine offense of Peyton and the Colts. Looking forward to this one.

The second half of the Colts/Pats was some of the best football I have ever seen.

And looks like the Steelers have a new coach. Mike Tomlin from the Vikings. Read his bio. Looks like he might be just what the Steelers need.

Woo hoo!

THE NFL: YOU GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!!
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 16
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/22/2007 5:27 pm
This whole season has been partucularly good. A lot of combacks and nice suprises. Not to mention like 1/2 of the games were won because of a long fieldgoal. :D
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 17
aschleman
aschleman
01/22/2007 5:56 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccThis whole season has been partucularly good. A lot of combacks and nice suprises. Not to mention like 1/2 of the games were won because of a long fieldgoal. :D

Yeah this year, and last year for that matter... have been two of the best years of NFL football that I can remember. Specifically in the AFC there hadn't been a real clearcut favorite... teh Colts, Chargers, Pats, and Ravens all looked good... and in the NFC.... eh... The Bears and Saints really looked like they were the go getters. But all in all it's been on eof the better years I can remember as far as competition is concerened. There weren't a lot of blowouts this year...

Daaaaa Bears... I thought after my White Sox finally got a World Series things couldn't get much better.... but here I am looking for my other Chi-Town team to do it.
# 18
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
01/23/2007 4:02 pm
I told my bro's back in Oct that the Bear's were going all the way and will
Win the Superbowl.
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.