Pro amps question

Soul_V
Soul_V
09/25/2006 5:59 am
Hi everyone!! Im expecting to buy a new amp, and Im going for tubes, but the problem is that I have to many choices and cant decide for one. I have these options:

-Peavey Triple XXX (when i tested it, a lot of f*** noise at 3 in master Volume)
-Marshall TSL-60
-Marshall DSL-100
-B-52 AT 100 (Noise either)
-B-52 ST 100 (also nosie!!!!)

What is the reason of the noise on that amps??!!! Do i have to active The ground lift?? or what???!!!!!

I played Progressive Metal the most (Dream Theater), but also some Metallica Stuff. The guitars?? I have a Petrucci OLP model, and a B.C rich warlock Platinum series...

Do you have another good option?? Tell me please!!!

I wait for your repplies and i really want to thank all the people on this forums that help people who are completely lost in this maze!!!
# 1
caino1976
caino1976
09/25/2006 6:11 am
Hey
I have the Marshall DSL, it is awsome. I have been playing it for about a year. I can tell you from experience the DSL is nice. I used to own the Peavey Triple X as well but I was not happy with the tone. The Marshall on the other hand kicks ASS. I run a Ibanez tube screamer straight in to it and it sharpens up the tone. I changed out the tubes and put Ruby tubes, they are cool but I hear JJs are better. I know people who have owned various versions of the TSL and they all say that the DSL blows them away. THer are some drawbacks however ie. there is only one EQ for all channels, but that is small potatos when you crank that baby and hear rip..Oh yeh I am not familiar with the B-52s
# 2
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
09/26/2006 1:14 am
If you're into DT, and cost isn't a problem, look into mesa boogies.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/26/2006 3:08 pm
I find it really odd that you got a lot of noise with a Triple XXX. I've had two of these bad boys, and they were one of the quietest amps I've ever played. :confused:

Have you checked out a 5150/6505(exact same amp)? I've got a 5150 combo, and it is an amazing amp! It fits me perfect. The 5150's can be a touch noisy though, but I don't find it to be a problem at all.

I haven't really played any of the other amps you listed, but have always wanted to give the Marshall DSL50 a go. I've played through a DSL100 before, but only a a very low volume :( . I liked what I heard, but couldn't really judge it very well at that low of a volume. I'd go for the 50, because nobody needs 100 watts of tube power, and those extra 50 watts aren't going to make that big of a difference in the first place. Plus, with the 50 watter, you can push the tubes a little harder before your ears start to bleed. lol
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
09/26/2006 8:32 pm
I like the 5150...great amps.

I have an Ibanez Thermion,which is their new line of tube heads...my Tn120 is awesome...really great tone and top notch components...it comes stock with Ruby tubes and Celestion Vintage 30 loaded Cab...Ilove this baby

I'd say the 5150/6505 is probably better suited for what you play, but dont discount the Thermion till you play it...I know it is an Ibanez amp, but once you get over that I swear they ROCK!
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.