View post (Makin' Jerky)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
09/04/2006 9:47 pm
Originally Posted by: rockonn91more or less.

nah, we were walking down this trail, and we had been throwing rocks at random things. Come on, yall are men, you know how we do. So we see this huge rabbit and, well... we were on a roll. My bud Caleb chucked this huge rock at it, and it whacked it outside the head. Man, it was bleeding though its ears and stuff... real nasty. So we mercy-killed it, and the rest you know. :D

Ha. Your bud Caleb is a terrible person. :)

Although I can sorta relate. One time a friend and I were in this old abandoned building in the old abandoned limestone quarry near my town, knocking down swallows' nests with rocks. We knocked down about 3 or 4 and they were all empty, no big deal. There was just one left, so he chucked a rock at it and shattered the front part. A baby bird fell down with the broken pieces, and another remained inside the nest. We felt pretty bad, but we hoped that the second one would at least have the sense to stay in the nest.

No such luck. It panicked and stumbled out. They weren't killed from the fall (which was pretty surprising, it had to be a 20 ft. drop), so we covered them up with a magazine in a feeble attempt to keep them warm for the night.

The next day, they were gone. Obviously something ate 'em.

Ah well, that's life.