View post (Diablo 2)

View thread

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
06/30/2006 7:56 pm
Originally Posted by: pureyea um... i'd like to learn how to skill edit runescape

The reason runescape is so rarely hacked is because everything important is ran on the server. Modifying the data stored and ran on your computer can do little except make cosmetic changes. For example, you can easily make it look like you have several million experience points in any skill. The only advantage of doing this is that you can get some cool screenshots. In other words, "hacking" runescape is pretty much impossible.

What you can do, however, is try to communicate with the server in such a way as to convince it of falsehoods beneficial to you. To do this you need a packet sniffer and the ability to resend captured outgoing packets. I'm still working on what can be played around with by doing this, but I suspect skill editing is near impossible.

Major edit: something that I thought worked doesn't. Now the only runescape cheat I'm sure about is a trade glitch.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.