View post (Any other good metal bands out there?)

View thread

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
06/19/2006 11:13 am
Originally Posted by: BLS33not to be a prick or anything but im kind of a true metal advocate but most of those arent metal

pantera, bls, slayer, anthrax, fear factory (some of there stuff), In Flames and Rammstein are all metal, but the rest are all nu metal and metalcore

Maybe, but the entire concept of genre theory is subjective anyway. I was only being flippant with my comment about Parkway Drive and Killswitch Engage not being "real" metal, because that's not for me to decide for other people - what's "real" metal to one person, could be punk or industrial or hard rock to another. For instance, I don't think of Parkway Drive as a metal band - and that's fine by CW, because they're metal as far as he's concerned, and that's all that matters. You don't think of Trivium as a metal band, and that's perfectly valid - my opinion differs from yours, but that doesn't mean either of us is wrong. Hell man, if people tell you that the Backstreet Boys are pop, but you're convinced that they're a Brazilian jazz-fusion group, then they're Brazilian jazz-fusion as far as you're concerned! :D
Sorry if I sound like I'm patronising you, BLS :o.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>