Best instrumentals

ren
ren
10/17/2006 3:05 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccI could sit here and repeat a lot of people so I'll just add a song.

John 5's Sugar Foot Rag (which I believe is a cover, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Red Foley?

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 1
AIC
AIC
10/17/2006 6:04 pm
Shawn Lane - Maria

It's not very technical but it truely is awsome for a home production (and him playing all the instruments) and it has a beautiful theme :)

cheers
# 2
OSdave
OSdave
10/17/2006 6:16 pm
I guess I'm just one of very few people (if any) that is completely unimpressed with the sheer technicality and lack of true feeling in both Vai and Satriani's music. Yes, they are excellent guitarists and good at what they do, I'm just not into the whole "technical" thing. I'll take even a mediocre blues guitarist over either of them any day...

But, that's just my opinion...

That being said, I would also pick SRV's Lenny over Little wing - just because of the fact that Lenny was an original...
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
10/17/2006 7:06 pm
Originally Posted by: OSdaveI guess I'm just one of very few people (if any) that is completely unimpressed with the sheer technicality and lack of true feeling in both Vai and Satriani's music. Yes, they are excellent guitarists and good at what they do, I'm just not into the whole "technical" thing. I'll take even a mediocre blues guitarist over either of them any day...

But, that's just my opinion...

Nah, that's pretty much the way I look at it too. I'm much more inspired by music that seems human to me.
# 4
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
10/17/2006 8:22 pm
Originally Posted by: OSdaveI guess I'm just one of very few people (if any) that is completely unimpressed with the sheer technicality and lack of true feeling in both Vai and Satriani's music. Yes, they are excellent guitarists and good at what they do, I'm just not into the whole "technical" thing. I'll take even a mediocre blues guitarist over either of them any day...

That's exactly the way I feel about Vai's music, but not Satriani's. I like the way that Satch bases his noodling on a synthesis of blues-rock and pop, it gives his music a lot more personality.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 5
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
10/17/2006 8:23 pm
Originally Posted by: guitar_titoBilly Cobham-Stratus
Mahavishnu Orchestra-Can't Stand Your Funk

Hell yeah! :cool:
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.