View post (Favourite solos)

View thread

eljison
eljison
07/25/2001 3:32 pm
Oh yes, You are correct SIR! Fendermonkey's Boston call is a good one... but I recommend cranking the volume and checking out "Hitch A Ride"...some of my all-time favorite guitar work. (see, I knew I left out some greats!) the Cars, on the other hand, I wouldn't rank in the same category but he did have some nice catchy riffs, one of the better guitar parts is in "Dance All Night" though I prefer their earlier stuff (debut and "Candy Oh"). we've all but forgotten Frampton ("Show Me The Way", "Feel Like We Do" and my fav "Lines On My Face"), Dire Straights (Mark Knopfler) "Sultans of Swing" (check out "Private Investigations", too!), and on the softer side, Steely Dan "Reeling in the Years" (Jimmy Page is attributed with calling this the hardest solo he had heard), Chicago "25 or 624" and believe it or not, i love the solo in the Commodores (Lionel Ritchie song, sorry I don't know the guitarist) "Easy"... very sweet stuff! If you like my taste, see my comments on the "instrumental" thread...
YO!