8. Bob Marley-No Women No Cry
9. Eric CLapton-Tears In Heaven
10. Amazing Grace

Dustin Rhodes
# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
07/16/2001 5:56 am
Zeppelin, not sure if you know, but just to clarify, Leonard Cohen was the one who wrote Hallejulah, Buckley's was a cover. Not that it matters, The Jeff Buckely version is the best, a great song. Also, As a Dylan fan, I would pick about 10 songs before hurricane. Obviously it's personal preference, but if you got into that song through the film (like tons of people I know), let me offer you some great Dylan to listen to.
Sara, Visions of Johanna, Shelter From the Storm, Tamborine Man, Don't think Twice, it's alright, Desolation Row, Gates of Eden, It's all over now, Baby BLue, Blowin' in the Wind, Tangled up in Blue, Like a ROlling Stone, and many others.
Not nocking your choice, but I am always eager to convert people to Dylan loving.
My 10. in no order, of what I am listening to now.
1. Visions of Johanna - Bob Dylan
2. Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix
3. One - U2
4. Exit Music For a Film - Radiohead
5. All the Dylan songs above
6. Old Man - Neil YOung
7. Killing in the name of - RATM
8. Because we can - Fatboy Slim
9. 1983 - Jimi Hendrix
10. Don't ever tell me - Madonna

Obviously, some of these are more classic than others, but this is to me a killer song list.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
07/16/2001 9:00 pm
Yeah I knew the Jeff Buckley Hallelujah was a cover. Ive grown up with my ma's collection of Leonard Cohen so I knew the song before I heard the Jeff Buckley version but I always thought it lacked the emotion that Buckley gave it. Whenever I listen to Cohens stuff it gets repetetive real quick though, it feels like hes just writing sad songs because he cant do anything else theres a lack of emotion in many of them.

Im suprised you didnt mention All Along the Watchtower. Sometimes I feel like Im the only one who thinks Dylans version is better than Hendrix's.

I dont like that Madonna song. It annoys me.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 4
Bardsley
Bardsley
07/17/2001 4:55 am
I love the original watchtower, about the same amount as I love the Hendrix verison, they are both saying something different;y. I think it is worthy of note that ever since the Hendrix cover, Dylan says that he performs Watchtower as a tribute to him, Dylan does watchtower now the way Hendrix did.
I cannot stand Leonard Cohen, except in very rare circumstances, but he writes great songs, so covers seem to work if done properly, like Buckley's.
I have a fairly varied music taste, I didn't even mention all the jazz tunes that I love, I was sticking more to rock on that list, or I could list another 101.
Not surprised you didn't like the Madonna, I wasn't expecting a hellavu lot of people on this site to agree with me.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.