View post (computer recording)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
04/08/2006 7:27 pm
yes, I had remembered software, monitors, and headphones. I just forgot to mention them in the post.
I do plan on eventually getting a midi controller with VST drums, I don't know that I'd really ever use any other kind of VST effects, since I'm not making the type of music that you're making. I just need guitar, bass, drums, and vocals to be happy. alternately I may just get a drum machine like a boss Dr. Rhythm or something. or just something that allows you to create your own patterns while still providing several preset loops.
for bass, well, I figure I can either get a bass pre-amp, and a bass PodXT and record it in the same way I record guitar. OR, I can just get a condensor mic and record that way.
also, you say I'll need a decent amp, do you mean pre or power amp? I was under the impression that poweramps were more for things like PA systems, and you didn't need one for recording direct.
I have a pre-amp I can use, it's not the best thing in the world, but it has awesome clean sounds. I'm not too fond of the high gain sounds though, which is mostly what I'll be using, so maybe I'll need a different pre down the line, but hey, I got this one for free!

it was just sitting at my church, when my youth pastor mentioned it, and I wanted to play around with it. he decided to let me borrow it. it was alright for a while, but like I said, I wasn't fond of the high gain tones, so it spent alot of time under my bed not being used. then, my church fired that youth pastor (long story short: they had to let go four or five people for financial reasons), so now no one even knows I still have it. I know it's not mine, but if I take it back to the church it will just sit there not getting used, so why not have it? right?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace