View post (Any good tube amp recomendations?)

View thread

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/04/2006 12:43 pm
The PV XXX is a great amp, but the JSX would probably be closer to what you're looking for. You might also want to try out a 5150 II/6505+. I have a 5150 combo, and find it to be a very sweet amp! It's a lot more versatile than people give it credit for. One of the Mesa F series amps might also be a good choice. Or, you could look into a Rect-o-verb or Trem-o-verb. While you're at it, go on and try out one of the new PV Valvekings. I've heard a lot of user clips of them, and they seem to be a very versatile amp.

If you find a two channel amp that you love, but still need another channel for versatility, you can alway's invest in a good overdrive/distortion pedal. I do this with my PV Classic 50 and 5150. With the Classic 50, I set the overdrive channel for a nice crunchy rock tone, and use an overdrive to push it into the hard rock/metal territory. With the 5150, I use the overdrive to push the clean channel into a nice bluesy breakup, and with the crunch engaged I use it to push it into a nice marshally hard rock crunch.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<