Pickups

>SaCreD_HEAD<
>SaCreD_HEAD<
07/06/2001 9:31 am
Greetings..

I play mostly metal and hardcore like for instance fear factory,sepultura,Machine Head,deftones,pantera and so on..I`ve been playing for a while now and own a Ibanez RG470 and a Marshall G80RCD. Speed and brutally are very imporant in my songs.
I`ve recently learned pinch harmonics and I`m able to do them pretty well, but they dont go so load and screeching .. (for instance like in Machine Heads songs).

My Guitar pickups are stock (V7,v8) and I was wondering whether replacing them with new and better pickups would improve the "qualitity" of the pinch harmonics and distortion much. And if so what pickups do you recommend. I`ve heard that Emgs are nice but they`re very expensive espesially in Norway, Are they worth it. I use the bridge pickup when I play, because I am tuned down to AEADGB with a bass bass string on the top and all the other strings one string down. If I use one of the other pickups I just goes muddy...

If I buy one EMG-humbucker and put in bridge position, do I have to or should I buy new pickups for the other spaces? Or can i just buy a EMG-81 and insert it in bridge position and disconnect the stock -singecoil and neckhumbucker. Will that sound nice or should I buy a full Emg set+ 2 humbuckers+ Single coil..

This may be stupid,akward questions but I have no clue on these kind of things+ I have noe other to learn from.

hmm.. Thanx

>Sacred_HEAD< :eek:
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.