View post (so yeeeea....)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
03/20/2006 4:16 pm
i was out with my old buddies last night and we headed over to another friends house just to hang out and drink and what not, and surprisingly i met a few good guitarists and ended up jamming the whole night (which is typical of me; im known to do that **** sometimes). the cool thing is that along with a few metalheads that could hold their own on the guitar, i jammed with this rockabilly guy who had a really unique style. hes been playing for about 6 yeras or so, but hes just always played bluegrass and rockabilly stuff. we swapped chops for a good hour, passing his suped up jazz guitar back and forth. besides for it being completely annoying to try and play the damn thing good whilst being drunk and high, i learned a few cool jazz/folk progressions. well, this story has absolutely no point, but you guys should pick up mel bay's jazz book, its got some good **** that we were working on last night also.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE