- a line 6 constrictor compressor
- a line 6 uber metal
- a digitech hot head
- a boss metal zone
- a line 6 space chorus
(connected in that order)

- A GX 212 crate amp
- A warlock platinum series guitar

and i have a lot of noise with the digitech and with the boss, this are mainly my lead effects,

what is the cause of this noise???

thanx and greetings to all dream theater fans!!!!
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
03/07/2006 2:19 pm
I have a fairly decent rig too and always found it very noisy at home, it was only when I brought it into a quiet studio that the buzzing went away. Basically the problem is due to two things:
1) Electrical interference in the room (biggest problem) - caused by lights, computer screens, power adapters AND other appliances in the house (eg. washing machine etc). You will easily find out if this is a problem by moving your guitar around the room, you should find that it gets noisier and quieter at certain spots.
2) High gain settings pick up a lot of noise.... made even worse if there is electrical interference.

You may also have a ground loop going on. This can be very hard to find, the only way to do it is to unplug everything and add the units one at a time until the hum starts up.

One other thing you should do is make sure that you are using proper magnetically shielded cables. This is very important when running through a number of devices. Hope that helps.
# 2
Scone Mason
Scone Mason
03/10/2006 6:55 am
The next thing you could do is turn your amp up loud and plug the guitar directly into the amp, and then play it well. You won't even notice any buzz.
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/10/2006 3:21 pm
Originally Posted by: Soul_Vthanx and greetings to all dream theater fans!!!!

What, so if we don't like Dream Theater, we don't even get a greeting?!
# 4
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/10/2006 6:17 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckWhat, so if we don't like Dream Theater, we don't even get a greeting?!

Exxactly. :)
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.