does anybody care?

acapella
acapella
03/10/2006 4:25 pm
I'm not fat. But I will be now! Ice cream here I coooooome...... :(
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/10/2006 8:00 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeNo offence, but opinions aren't wisdom. Not trying to be mean, but having opinions doesn't equal having knowledge.

Knowledge and wisdom are two different things. Quote from dictionary.com "wisĀ·dom ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wzdm)
n.
1.The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
2.Common sense; good judgment"

So pretty much peoples opinions is their wisdom. :rolleyes:
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
acapella
acapella
03/10/2006 8:14 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccKnowledge and wisdom are two different things. Quote from dictionary.com "wisĀ·dom ( P ) Pronunciation Key (wzdm)
n.
1.The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.
2.Common sense; good judgment"

So pretty much peoples opinions is their wisdom. :rolleyes:

Not if their opinions are wrong.
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/10/2006 8:15 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeNot if their opinions are wrong.

SNAP! And snap again!
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/10/2006 8:31 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeNot if their opinions are wrong.

1.The ability to discern or judge what is true, right

Once again, as someone has previously mentioned, opinions can't be wrong, its the way people see things in their own perspective, judging truth and what is right (as it says above.) So if I were to say, in my opinion, "your hair looks dumb", I'm wrong just because its the way my eyes percieve it? Through your eyes you might see it as very nice and fashionable, but people will always have their own opinions about it. (this is all a for instance, I don't know what your hair looks like)
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
acapella
acapella
03/10/2006 8:38 pm
Originally Posted by: elklandercc
Once again, as someone has previously mentioned, opinions can't be wrong, its the way people see things in their own perspective...

Yeah, me. I said that. It was a joke. Get over it.
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/10/2006 8:50 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapeme It was a joke.

I geuss I'll take your word for it.

Myspace
# 7
stackny
stackny
03/10/2006 9:13 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeYeah, me. I said that. It was a joke. Get over it.

Touchy, touchy acapella. I think you should take your pills before you come on the board.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 8
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/12/2006 12:04 am
Originally Posted by: Akira*que dramatic monologue*

And so begins the knife fight on the bridge.

Myspace
# 9
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/12/2006 12:22 am
I won't say religion is bad because it's not. It was established when people became civilized to try to explain the things we didn't know and to accomadate for keeping people in line. Things that still hold true today. Can God save someone? Yes, he most certainly can. A heroin addict can turn to God and use him to get clean. It's happened before and will most certainly happen again. The thing is that it was the persons way of thinking and not God that got him out of the deep water. Can some credit go to "God" sure I guess. That's what I like about religion it helps people help themselves. Unfortunatly you have the people with "My God is better than yours" syndrome and it detracts from what religion is supposed to be about. Right now I don't need any God's help. I'm doing fine on my own. Furthermore I find it impossible to believe that A) All humanity sprung from two beings. B)People used to live for 900 years C) alot of other nonsense in the Bible. If they could have left out some of the impossible madness that was written in there I'd be more accepting but it was just stuff to scare or amaze the uneducated people of 2000 years ago. I don't believe there ever was a God. At least not one who cares how any of us live our life. I will always believe that when I die I'll wake up as another being oblivious to the fact that I was ever who I am now. That's all. Thank you. Have a nice day.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
rockonn91
rockonn91
03/12/2006 2:11 am
hmm. something about your threads, 6strngs. they always get into a religious debate. especially the depressing ones that turn out well in the end.
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/12/2006 3:47 am
Originally Posted by: rockonn91hmm. something about your threads, 6strngs. they always get into a religious debate. especially the depressing ones that turn out well in the end.

what can I say? I've found the one thing I'm good at!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 12
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/12/2006 3:51 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswhat can I say? I've found the one thing I'm good at!

Starting a thread,and turning it into pages upon pages of posts....and we love you for it.

Myspace
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/12/2006 3:58 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccStarting a thread,and turning it into pages upon pages of posts....and we love you for it.

aww *gets warm fuzzy feeling*
my spyspace
# 14
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/12/2006 4:03 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsaww *gets warm fuzzy feeling*

You'll feel even warmer when you look at your post count.

Myspace
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/12/2006 4:27 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccYou'll feel even warmer when you look at your post count.

you know, about my thread startin skill, I once made a bet that I could start a thread about rocks and still generate 50+ replies

take a gander if you wish..
my spyspace
# 16
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
03/12/2006 4:31 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsyou know, about my thread startin skill, I once made a bet that I could start a thread about rocks and still generate 50+ replies

take a gander if you wish..

Wow you are gifted....
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 17
stackny
stackny
03/12/2006 5:09 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI won't say religion is bad because it's not. It was established when people became civilized to try to explain the things we didn't know and to accomadate for keeping people in line. Things that still hold true today. Can God save someone? Yes, he most certainly can. A heroin addict can turn to God and use him to get clean. It's happened before and will most certainly happen again. The thing is that it was the persons way of thinking and not God that got him out of the deep water. Can some credit go to "God" sure I guess. That's what I like about religion it helps people help themselves. Unfortunatly you have the people with "My God is better than yours" syndrome and it detracts from what religion is supposed to be about. Right now I don't need any God's help. I'm doing fine on my own. Furthermore I find it impossible to believe that A) All humanity sprung from two beings. B)People used to live for 900 years C) alot of other nonsense in the Bible. If they could have left out some of the impossible madness that was written in there I'd be more accepting but it was just stuff to scare or amaze the uneducated people of 2000 years ago. I don't believe there ever was a God. At least not one who cares how any of us live our life. I will always believe that when I die I'll wake up as another being oblivious to the fact that I was ever who I am now. That's all. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Ok, heres our 2 options. All humanity sprung from 2 human beings, reproduced, and their offspring reproduced or everything started from a primordial soup where single celled organisms formed and evolved, defied the laws of physics, and encoutered the most coincidal conditions ever to occur in nature. Now, you pick which one would actually make more sense. Theres a reason that they cant find a legitimate explaination for a scientific way life formed---because it didnt happen scientifically.

Theres good explaination in why humans could live for such long periods of time. The pre-flood atmosphere was different with higher levels of oxygen and more abundant nutrients and such, but I wont bore you with the description of the canopy theory that this is based on.

Youre right, God has given us the freedom of choice. He gives us the gift of life and the freedom to do things as we want. I dont believe my every action is controlled by God, and Im proud of myself when I work hard and do something on my own. I thank him for the ability to be able to do it, but its still result of my hard work and discipline.
# 18
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/12/2006 5:14 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyOk, heres our 2 options. All humanity sprung from 2 human beings, reproduced, and their offspring reproduced or everything started from a primordial soup where single celled organisms formed and evolved, defied the laws of physics, and encoutered the most coincidal conditions ever to occur in nature. Now, you pick which one would actually make more sense. Theres a reason that they cant find a legitimate explaination for a scientific way life formed---because it didnt happen scientifically.

Theres good explaination in why humans could live for such long periods of time. The pre-flood atmosphere was different with higher levels of oxygen and more abundant nutrients and such, but I wont bore you with the description of the canopy theory that this is based on.

Youre right, God has given us the freedom of choice. He gives us the gift of life and the freedom to do things as we want. I dont believe my every action is controlled by God, and Im proud of myself when I work hard and do something on my own. I thank him for the ability to be able to do it, but its still result of my hard work and discipline.

Come on, man! Ninja put that in a perfectly beautiful, everyone-can-be-happy sort of way. He didn't say that's the way it is, he said that's what he believes. Can't you let it die? Please???
# 19
stackny
stackny
03/12/2006 5:17 am
Originally Posted by: earthman buckCome on, man! Ninja put that in a perfectly beautiful, everyone-can-be-happy sort of way. He didn't say that's the way it is, he said that's what he believes. Can't you let it die? Please???

nope. :)
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.