View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
03/08/2006 7:41 pm
Hm... not to go into some Hollywood style monologue or anything...

People follow the word of God because of hope... the hope to live for something better. The thought of living a life that will earn you a place in your own paradise... Thats why people follow...

Do I believe Gods hand is in everything that we do... No... I personally believe the image of "God" or Jesus were created as a model human being... live life as Jesus would... NOT because you fear the wrath of God... to me Jesus is a role model... not an authority figure... and I do what I can to live the way he would... I don't believe in life after death... heaven or hell... I just try to live a life worthy of a place in heaven... if I'm wrong after I die... haha.

But you can't compare the followers of Jesus Christ to the followers of Adolf Hitler... Jesus has never stood on a podium and fed lies to millions of human beings... nor did Jesus ever committ genocide... but I can see what you're saying about the whole... why does he let it all happen... and if you read the Bible... believe it or not... it says why... a lot of people don't realize that.