View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

stackny
stackny
03/07/2006 9:05 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI honestly don't believe in either of them.. therefore I don't believe it's a competition between them. I believe that if god were real, that he is a jerk and he DOES compete with satan. just look at the story of job. seriously, satan made a bet with god that job would forsake god if there was some trouble in his life. god knew that job wouldn't renounce him.. but he let satan make his life a living hell anyway. what kind of caring god does something to "test" you, when he knows that you'll pass anyway, but he does the test anyway to make your life miserable?

You know, Ive struggled with the same things you struggle with. "If God is such a good god, then why does he do such and such?" Trust me, the thoughts have crossed my mind too. Why did he put us here in the first place? Why did he create hell, if he knew some would end up there? Theres so many whys, and to be honest I cant answer, and nobody can. All I know is, if you follow him and do not renounce his name, hes going to make it worth your while. Are you going to have a bitter attitude towards him because of these whys that we cant answer? Im not gonna, because though we cant answer them, hes still given us the freedom of choice to either follow him or be bitter against him. Why did he send his son die on the cross for us? I dont know, but Im gonna be thankful for that, and everything else he has given me.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.