View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/06/2006 6:59 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyDude, I dont hate anybody. Muslims included. Half my friends arent Christians. Never said I dislike or hated anyone because they are going to hell. I just said, I think my religion is correct and theirs isnt, therefore, they wont see heaven unless they change. [/QUOTE]
Have fun in heaven by yourself then. I'm gonna go have a party with the rest of the world in hell.

Originally Posted by: stackny
Dictionary Definition of "Faith"-Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.[/QUOTE]
Keyword = Belief
Which is completely different from factual knowledge.

Originally Posted by: stackny
or the definition you might prefer

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's what I meant.

[QUOTE=stackny]
Either way, neither definition says impossible. Who are you to say God is impossible? You simply cant. You can say you dont believe he exists, but you cannot say his existance is an impossibility.

A being that always has been and always will be that can create worlds in six days defies all biological possibilities. That's the entire basis of it. God is a god. An immortal being. That is not possible because everything dies. Therefore if something is immortal it has pulled off the impossible. That's the entire basis of the whole deal. The belief in the impossible and the belief that you will be rewarded for believing the impossible. The Bible doesn't even argue those points. Every miraculous act of God is impossible by humans. That's what God does. Defies the possible.

Furthermore, neither definition says impossible, that is true. But neither said anything about factual knowledge either.

[QUOTE=stackny]
My faith is built upon prophecies that are being fulfilled before our eyes, for example the situation in the middle east with the Jews and Palestinians, a common currency going throughout Europe, Jews being persecuted all over the world, plans to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem, etc. I like the whole creation evolution debate as you know, and there is just no explaination for life other than it being planted here by "something." My faith is not built upon the fact that God exists, because there is nothing that is factual that can prove there is a god, but the way he has shown us his prescence.

To say that there is no explanation for life other than being put here by something (when in your case referring to God) and following up by saying that God isn't factual is an oxymoron. Of course I agree that God isn't factual. I'm right there with you on that one, but to say that we absolutely had to have been put here by something (let alone in the same paragraph) is just taking the answer you want and throwing every other possible answer out the window.

[QUOTE=stackny]
Im not categorizing people by who is going to hell and who isnt. Thats all I have to say about that. Im not. Theres no such thing as a one way ticket to hell anyways, because everyone has the opportunity to change.

Well, then people aren't necessarily damned or wrong for not believing what you believe is right. And why don't you have to be the one to change? Sure, you believe you're right, but there's still the chance that you're not. Therefore, why don't you have to be the one to change from time to time?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.