View post (does anybody care?)

View thread

stackny
stackny
03/06/2006 6:26 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsWell, here's the thing. We live in the USA, where we all have the freedom to hold our own beliefs. So there's no law forcing you to. On the other hand, doesn't the Bible you adhere to tell you that you should "love thy neighbor"? That alone sounds like a contradiction against your religion. I mean, your neighbor isn't you after all, so he's going to have his own beliefs. So the Bible basically says see past that and love your neighbor all the same, even if he's going to hell. Are you ready to love the devil's meat? And your assumptions are based on your interpretation of the Bible, which is literally based around faith, not fact. Therefore it cannot be strong information. It's faith. And that's fine. I'm not attacking you for your beliefs, but there's a big difference between fact and faith. Fact is anything that can be proven true or false. Faith is the belief in the impossible. God and all the Bible preaches are impossible, yet people believe it. That is faith. "Strong information" is beating around the bush when trying to say fact.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I dont hate anybody. Muslims included. Half my friends arent Christians. Never said I dislike or hated anyone because they are going to hell. I just said, I think my religion is correct and theirs isnt, therefore, they wont see heaven unless they change.

Dictionary Definition of "Faith"-Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

or the definition you might prefer

Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

Either way, neither definition says impossible. Who are you to say God is impossible? You simply cant. You can say you dont believe he exists, but you cannot say his existance is an impossibility.

My faith is built upon prophecies that are being fulfilled before our eyes, for example the situation in the middle east with the Jews and Palestinians, a common currency going throughout Europe, Jews being persecuted all over the world, plans to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem, etc. I like the whole creation evolution debate as you know, and there is just no explaination for life other than it being planted here by "something." My faith is not built upon the fact that God exists, because there is nothing that is factual that can prove there is a god, but the way he has shown us his prescence.
[QUOTE=Cryptic Excretions]
If you don't mind, could you get off the anti-Muslim binge? I wasn't referring to them and you've missed the point I was going after. The point I was getting at is that it's not fun nor is it nice to be told that you're going to hell because the tradition that's been followed in your family is wrong. Would your God like it very much if he knew you were looking at people and thinking "Oh now he's got a one way ticket to hell"? I'm sure he wouldn't. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it that kind of attitude that gets people their own ride to hell? According to the Bible anyway.

Im not categorizing people by who is going to hell and who isnt. Thats all I have to say about that. Im not. Theres no such thing as a one way ticket to hell anyways, because everyone has the opportunity to change.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.